Circuit of the Verdon canyon
The canyon of Verdon from Saint-Aygulf :
A magnificent itinerary between the sea and the mountains, including the unavoidable Gorges du Verdon, to be covered over a period of 4 to 7 days, depending on your pace and your desires.
Duration: 4-7 days
Distance : 350 Kms
- Follow the coast in the direction of Saint-Tropez, the village and its surroundings (vineyards and magnificent views of the coast) are worth a visit.
- Continue towards Collobrières, a charming village in the heart of the Maures mountains, its restaurants with rustic and typical dishes made with chestnuts, without forgetting the marrons glacés factory…
- The magnificent Cistercian abbey of Thoronet and its surroundings (villages and typical landscapes of the haut-Var, Aups capital of truffles in Provence.) And why not extend to the plateau of Valensole and its magnificent lavender fields (in June-July).
- The Gorges du Verdon (the most impressive in Europe) ! Take the Corniche Sublime (south bank) which leads to the lake of Saint-Croix and its turquoise waters. After a refreshing stop at the lake, continue the discovery of the gorges with the Route des Crêtes (north bank) with its viewpoints from La Palud-sur-Verdon. You will be able to see many griffon vultures flying in the ascending air flows generated by the gorges.
- Then direction Castellane, your van will allow you to take the narrow and steep road of the gorges of the torrent of Rayaup in direction of Robion. You can then join Grasse and its perfumeries by the Napoleon road (D6085).
Continue along the Napoleon road in the direction of Cannes, or stay at the edge of the Saint-Cassien lake.
- Don’t miss the corniche of the Esterel, with its cliffs of red volcanic rocks. At Cap Dramon, stop at the Poussaï harbor, and enjoy a fish fry while contemplating the Golden Island. It would have inspired Hergé for his album Tintin and The Black Island…